Dental Anxiety Naperville, IL
At ATI Dental Care, we can perform dental work on patients that are struggling with dental anxiety. If you avoid the dentist due to fear of what a procedure may be like or simply do not enjoy dental work, give us a call. In our Naperville, dental office, we can ensure that you are comfortable and relaxed, regardless of the dental procedure. When you visit our office, we will meet with you to discuss what treatments you need and create a plan for how to keep your mouth healthy while easing any fears that you have about dentistry in general. We will keep you informed about the entire process so that you can make decisions regarding dental care without experiencing any anxiety.
How can I ease my fears about dental care without medication?
When you visit our dental office, we can discuss ways that you can prevent experiencing anxiety while receiving dental care. Give us a call to go over any and all methods for dealing with dental anxiety that we can offer. In some cases, all a patient needs to do is play music on headphones during the appointment. In other cases, we may need medication or another method to deal with dental anxiety.
How can I prepare for my dentist appointment?
Another easy way to calm your fears is to visit our Naperville dental office and meet with Dr. Monika Kak prior to the actual appointment. Taking the time to tour our office, where you can sit in the dentist chair and have a conversation, will allow you to become familiar with our staff and office environment. After this meeting, when you do have your teeth cleaned, you are doing so in an atmosphere that you feel comfortable in with friendly and familiar faces. During your consultation, we can also discuss what you can expect from a teeth cleaning or a specific procedure. This will help you to mentally prepare for how long it will take, what dental tools we will use, what you may feel during the process and what the recovery period will be, if any. At ATI Dental Care, we find that the more informed our patients are the more comfortable and relaxed they feel. This one appointment can help to alleviate the fear of dentists that you are experiencing.
Check out what others are saying about our dental anxiety support services on Yelp: Dental Anxiety Naperville
Questions Answered on This Page
People Also Ask
Definition of Dental Terminology
- Cosmetic Dentistry
- Cosmetic dentistry is generally used to refer to any dental work that improves the appearance (though not necessarily the function) of a person’s teeth, gums and/or bite.
- Tooth decay is when the enamel of the tooth begins to decay and cause erosion from plaque and tartar on the teeth.
- Dental Caries
- Dental caries are also known as cavities and result from a lack of proper oral hygiene leaving plaque that forms tiny holes in the teeth.
- Dental Checkup
- A dental checkup is an appointment that involves cleaning the teeth, identifying any signs of infection and removing said signs of infection at least once every six months in the office.
- Dental Filling
- A dental filling involves restoring the structure of the tooth by using metal, alloy, porcelain or plastic to fill the tooth.
- Dental Prophylaxis
- A dental prophylaxis is a professional and detailed cleaning that involves the removal of plaque, calculus and stains from the teeth.
- Dental Sealants
- Dental sealants contain a resinous material that we apply to the chewing surfaces of the posterior teeth to prevent dental caries.
- A dentist, also known as a dental surgeon, is a doctor who specializes in the diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases and conditions of the oral cavity.
- Gingivitis is the inflammation of gum tissue that results from plaque, other infections in the mouth and poor oral hygiene.
- Preventive Dentistry
- Preventive dentistry is the dentistry that focuses on maintaining oral health in order to prevent the spread of plaque, the formation of tartar and infections in the mouth.
- Tartar forms when plaque builds up on the surface of the teeth and calcifies into a hard surface that is much more difficult to remove and will require professional treatment.
- Tooth Enamel
- Tooth enamel is the protective visible outer surface of a tooth that contains the dentin and dental pulp.
Back to top of Dental Anxiety
Angst, anxiety, trepidation, dread, unease, worry, trembling, and aversion! All these words say the same thing: Fear! While some things we should, rightfully, be afraid of, but other times it can detour us from doing something that is vital. When skies becoming darkened by clouds and winds increase in intensity, the worry is indeed reasonable.…
Call us to find out information on how to face your dental anxiety and receive the dental care you need.People who have dental anxiety will avoid visiting the dentist and increase the risk of infection. We can accommodate your needs to help deal with dental anxiety and provide you the necessary treatment.Dental AnxietyAt ATI Dental…
Staring at the pamphlet titled “Do Not Eat” with images of hard candies, potato chips, soda, pretzels, popcorn, chewy candy and more, 10-year-old Daniel sighs in defeat. Daniel now wears braces and must say goodbye to all the food he has grown to love in the first ten years of his life. Daniel’s mother hates…
Take pride in your smile by keeping up proper dental hygiene and by visiting our dental practice.Our dental practice strives toward a core focus of treating our patient's teeth in an efficient and comforting manner. We will ensure that all dental issues and concerns are dealt with as soon as possible.Dental PracticeAt ATI Dental Care…